Friday, December 18, 2009

Inspired by Julie and Julia



Well I finally have decided to start. The Meryl Streep movie Julie and Julia has inspired me to bake my way through a wonderful lemon dessert book called "Luscious Lemon Desserts" by Lori Longbotham. The first one I tried was the triple lemon cheesecake. It was a little time consuming but well worth the effort. My "Elizabeths" just love it and bribe me with lunches at their place to have me make it for all of us.

I must explain "Elizabeths". I have a group of friends that almost all are called some form of Elizabeth. There is a Libby, a Liz, an Elisabeth (with an s), an Elizabeth and last but not least an Ann-Margret.

Somehow these wonderful ladies have accepted me into their group because I shared their name for a very brief period of the first three weeks of my life - another story.
So on to the next recipe. I am going to try the perfect lemon tart for Christmas dessert with friends.

1 comment:

  1. you can make that for me anytime, it looks totally scrumptious!!!!

    Have a great holiday!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete