Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cotswold Country Tea Cozy


First I have to tell you about my very good luck last week! I went to the  Current's Quilts and Stitchery quilt show last w/e and won the door prize! It was a flower plant pot full of wonderful sewing things! In it was this pattern for a Cotswold Cottage tea cozy. I showed it to a neighbour, and she immediately ordered one for herself! Apparently it was the same as her Mom's in England, and brought back fond memories. So I got right to it making one for her. Here is the result. This is the front with the flower vine beside the door.

And here is the back door, with the cat waiting to get in ( made it like her Odin) and some stylized trees. It also has a removable inner cozy that can be taken out separately for washing. And lace curtains of course!
The pattern also came with a table runner of Cotswold fields and sheep. Will have to do that one later. It requires fabric I don't have right now, so will be on the hunt
Have a good day - it is so beautiful right now - the heat has finally let up some.







2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda , Cute as a button. It so reminds me of the thatch roof houses over there.

    ReplyDelete