Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I am sooooooooooo happy! I have finally made the perfect denim bag!! (For me anyway.) It is from one of those  " Onsies" shorts I got at the rummage sale last year. The pockets in the front form the outside, and I made long handles to wear it over my shoulder ( around the neck). It has a cat button- of course- so I will know where my measuring tape is.Below is the inside.
The beautiful wooden button is hand made- I bought it at Sharon's.






I had some lovely Laurel Birch fish fabric left over from a project that went down the river, so I heavy interfaced it and used it as lining. And there are two denim pockets on the inside too. Heaven!!! LOL!.
As you can tell I am very pleased with myself!!
I just took my purse organizer I had made from the last bag, and transferred everything to my new bag. This one will be with me for a long, long time! I hope!
      Also here are some of my bookmarks  I am making for Unique Treasures: There is water fabric on one side, with Manitoulin Island embroidered, and farm fabric on the other; denoting the two main areas on the island.
On some I just used Laurel Birch fishes on both sides. They are easy to make and give folks some little thing to take home with them.

3 comments:

  1. I love it ,you are so talented. It looks so cool and functional. Do you have a pattern or was it your own design?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just came to me when I saw the top of a pair of overalls that I got at a rummage sale. the rest I improvised. Thanks Diane!

    ReplyDelete