Friday, July 29, 2011

Flower Show 2011

I had a very good day Wednesday! I entered a few flowers into the Assiginack Flower Show, and came home with 5 firsts,4 seconds, and 4 thirds. The theme was the royal wedding.  I am very pleased with the results for a newbie!
Here are a few photos of them:


This little china tea cup miniature is my favourite! The plant material was just at the perfect stage of development - yesterday! It came in first!
The roses were almost buds, so very tiny. And my lavender is huge this year. It came in first!
The cool spring and lots of rain were so good for the flowers in my garden. Not so good for the ladies veggie gardens, but heat has arrived for them too.




          

This one is a collection of the other entries - a lily, Bonica rose spray, lavender, impatiens, and a 4 spray perennial collection.
I also entered a large geranium pot with four plants (first) and a begonia (second).
My Elizabeth's came out from Estaire -Wanup to see the show, and brought me lunch! We also had a look at Unique Treasures. Then they went home after a very full day! What a jolly day!!

2 comments: